Fair Work Commission
The Fair Work Commission is Australia’s national workplace relations tribunal. It is an independent body with power to carry out a range of functions including:
- providing a safety net of minimum conditions, including minimum wages, in awards
- facilitating good faith bargaining and the making of enterprise agreements
- granting remedies for unfair dismissal
- regulating the taking of industrial action
- resolving a range of collective and individual workplace disputes through conciliation, mediation and in some cases arbitration
- functions in connection with workplace determinations, equal remuneration, transfer of business, general workplace protections, right of entry and stand down.