Join the team! Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre is seeking two new Research Fellows
Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre is an independent economic and social research organisation located within the Curtin Business School with a core mission to examine the key economic and social policy issues that contribute to the wellbeing of businesses, households and communities in West Australia and across the country.
BCEC is offering a unique opportunity to join WA’s premier economic and social research centre and contribute to the delivery of high quality, accessible research that makes a genuine difference to people’s lives.
The Centre’s research and engagement activities are designed to influence economic and social policy debates in state and Federal Parliament, regional and national media, and the wider Australian community. Through high quality, evidence-based research and analysis, our research informs key decision makers and stakeholders of the economic challenges to achieving sustainable and equitable growth and prosperity both in Western Australia and nationally.
As a Research Fellow your position will contribute to BCEC’s research program. This is an exciting opportunity for you to conduct nationally competitive research, both independently and as part of a research team, and influence public policy discourse.
You will also be providing a significant contribution to the Centre by fostering and promoting engagements and relationships with professional bodies, industry and affiliated associations, government departments, and the wider community.
This is a full-time fixed term position. BCEC provides a supportive working environment with passionate team members and is committed to the development and wellbeing of its team. Our work environment is flexible, challenging and collegial.
We are looking for someone with…
- A passion for research that makes a difference and influencing public policy discourse.
- A doctoral qualification in economics, finance, public policy, social sciences or other fields relevant to BCEC’s research program or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to enhance Curtin’s research performance through the publication of high-quality research in reputable, peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Demonstrated expertise in sophisticated economic modelling and programming applied to real-world economic and social issues. You will have strong econometrics knowledge and may also have experience in forecasting and/or spatial modelling.
- The ability to write for a broad audience and engage effectively with stakeholders outside of academia, to grow the Centre’s reputation and profile.
- Experience working with the public sector or in a consulting role.
Applications close on Sunday 11 April at 9.00pm AWST — get your application in now to ensure you don’t miss out on this amazing career opportunity.
If you have a query in relation to the application process, please contact the Curtin careers team on email@example.com or call Tara Hallissey, Talent Acquisition Consultant on 08 9266 2563.